Though at times I do have a couple of bansuri's in stock, most of my bansuri flutes are made against your order and therefore it is easy for me to custom- build a bansuri for you with your preferences in mind.
When I make a flute for you I welcome you to provide me with some basic information about your level of expertise and the largest size/ type of flute you play currently. Of course, if you are a complete beginner that's absolutely fine too. This information helps me build a bansuri that will cater to your playing needs the best.
I provide basic customization on all my flutes without any additional cost.
The basic customization includes
- choice of bore size - thin, medium or large
- choice of hole sizes - small, medium or large
- orientation of bansuri - left or right-handed
- choice of color for the thread bindings
- comfort layout of the holes to reduce wrist stress
- pitch up or down slightly from the reference of A=440 Hz to suit your blowing style
For a nominal additional cost I can provide customized bansuri with -
- custom layout of holes as per your specs.
- tuning to a custom scale as per your specs.
- extra thread bindings
- lip-plate (please see Neo-Bansuri for details)
- 8th hole (please see Shuddh Madyam Bansuri:
8-hole Bansuri for details)
- reference pitch other than A=440Hz
- pancham (pa) thumb hole
This list is surely not exhaustive and likely I can build a customized bansuri for you with almost any other feature you can think of.